View Single Post
Old 06-09-2011, 09:23 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  
LaFemme

Well, I was 6 days sober when I found SR...after 5 years of trying to quit and failing miserably to get past a couple of days. The first time I ever tried to stop was August 2006 (I think)...I didn't think I had a huge problem but I thought I was drinking too much. The only things I knew about alcoholism were the stereotypes.

I made it 6 days, drank 1 day then made it another 5 days. After that my drinking problem accelerated like you wouldn't believe. The obsession wasn't fueled by things I was reading because I wasn't reading anything.

Someone mentioned a phenomenon called "kindling" somewhere once I think...it's when we try to stop that we realize how bad it is which makes it worse.

Not sure I'm explaining it clearly.

Coming to SR only confused me about the definition of what an alcoholic is or not...so it's not part of my personal equation...all I do is focus on how much better my life is without alcohol and it's all good.

I honestly think that if God himself were to appear before me and tell me I could "safely" drink again I wouldn't want to. Alcohol has no positive's in my current mindset...not a single one.