View Single Post
Old 06-09-2011, 05:07 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Thumper

I used to look at other people and wonder how they got the long straw of happiness and I got the short straw.

You know what - I think we all have our hardships. The people I looked at (two in particular) as having the long straw of happiness have their hardships too. They just approach life differently.

In one of the cases above it is a person very close to me. They do not have children and I know they long for them. I know it was one of he hearts greatest desires. I would be devestated had I not been able to fulfill my desire to have children - yet she makes a happy life for herself. The other person I know less well (from work) and she is always having fun with her friends, speaks so joyfully about her children, has a new house on the lake, smiles and laughs. Well I know that 15 years ago she lost a baby and recently she announced her divorce was final. These woman have real hardships too and are finding a way to be happy. I realize now that very few people live a charmed life. They create a charming life. I need to figure that out.