Old 06-08-2011, 11:03 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
gneiss
Never settle.

Irked and need to vent and have nowhere to do so at 1:00 AM

I did drugs and alcohol most of the time I was working on my degree. And some of my druggie buddies were in the same major. Well lo and behold some of them are working at the same place I am now.

We are all field employees, we don't work in an office. We have a flop house where we can sleep if we want to stay there. Occasionally we're too far away or just don't feel like driving to the house so we can also stay at our work locations. A few days ago one of the guys, who I did a whole lot of dope with, called me up and asked if I wanted to hang out with him at his location. I said no thanks, I didn't have the money for it (and I didn't). Well tonight I came to the house to wash some laundry (and just for the record didn't spend a dime to get here, only gas that was already in my car). Long story short he found out I'm here. It's not like it was a state secret, I parked in the driveway. He called and said "I thought you didn't have money to go anywhere."

I admit to spending way more money on him than I ever should have. Cuz dope gets expensive when you do as much as we did. But why does he think it's any of his business how I spend my money?! And why does he think he can ask me why I'm at a house I pay rent to stay at?

I guess it's an over-reaction but I'm furious about it. I don't have to justify to ANYONE where one penny of my money goes, one drop of the fuel in my car, or one second of my time. If I wanted that I could have stayed in a relationship with the manipulative b@stard I was dating all the time I was doing dope.

I haven't been this mad in a long time. The guys left beer and wine in the fridge, and I'll admit I could definitely see myself grabbing a beer and chugging it. Or downing the entire bottle of wine. It's amazing to me that I still have that reaction occasionally. When I got mad in my drinking days I'd guzzle down a 6-pack to calm down. Deep breath, and be glad I don't have to do that to myself anymore.