View Single Post
Old 06-08-2011, 10:43 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
wanttobehealthy

Originally Posted by m1k3 View Post
wtbh, I'm not really sure they (your ah and family) can do anything at all legally. Some texts were sent around, ownership may be unclear and the text messages weren't nice.
I really don't think this is anything to get worried about. It sounds juvenile and sophomoric, not something to be concerned about. If this were a legally liable situation just about every high school and college student in the country would need to be worried.

The are generating drama and you are responding. To nip this in the bud stop responding.

Your friend,
Hi Mike,
Thanks for this bit of perspective--
Just to be clear-- I haven't responded to them at all since the texts came in and I shared them with AH thinking he'd at the very least not turn on me as he has.
I'm not letting them know how stressed I am bc I am not communicating with them. They continue to send emails but I am not responding-- I guess I should stop opening them but I am afraid of being blindsided by something they are threatening to do to me (involve the police to claim that I sent myself the texts and am lying that BIL did it) so I read the emails and torture myself by seeing what they have to say... I'm just sharing with all of you what's going on in my head but certainly not with them.

One thing I've learned is that letting on to AH that I am this upset definitely makes things worse... At least I'm remembering one thing I've learned. Now if only I could go back in time and not share the texts with AH.