View Single Post
Old 06-08-2011, 10:22 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  
wanttobehealthy

Yes my BIL is an alcoholic as well. The day that AH was to go to an inpatient program he showed up with 2 18 packs of beer and well, the rest is history. They then told me that bc of my nagging that's why AH needed to drink and if I'd been x, y, and z he'd have gone to rehab.

This is how nuts my mind is right now. I believe what THEY are saying about being able to get ME in trouble for their accusations that I faked the texts. I didn't fake the texts, I have them in black and white but bc BIL was in my contacts it just showed up as his name, not his # so AH and BIL are trying to convince me (and themselves) that I faked the texts and that they will be pursuing legal action to prove that I did something wrong here.

My head is spinning I am a nervous PTSD mess. I KNOW I did nothing wrong but my life's history is that I do nothing to cause something to happen to me and when I express that I am upset it gets twisted and I turn into the bad guy. This is like deja vu of my childhood and my experience tells me that when someone is sick enough they CAN distort reality to fit what they want to believe and make others believe.

I already contacted at&t and blocked his # and now on the usage records it doesn't show the history of texts coming in this weekend (I called at&t customer service and they couldn't give me an answer to this either). I'm trying to stay calm but it's turning into a nightmare and I guess ultimately I'm creating it.

I'm the person who as a kid approached my mom bc teachers and guidance counselors at my high school all told me someone had to talk to my mom about my sister's anorexia and presumably they were all too scared to talk to my mom directly? Anyway, I talked to her about my sister and what I was seeing at school, what the teachers were concerned about etc.. and my mother called the police to talk to me about slander. The police came to my house, sat me down with my siblings looking on and talked to ME about slander. My mom stood there and told them I was seriously mentally ill, jealous of my sister and refusing help and violent (not true any of it). The police then told me that if they had to return I might have to talk to a juvenile probation officer about my "out of control" behavior.

THAT is my experience of what happens when you tell the truth and express concern that someone is doing something harmful. I KNOW how the police can be manipulated by SICK individuals (my mother is bpd and bi polar) and I am terrified of what my AH and BIL will do or could do if they really wanted to (and as they are claiming they will) cause me harm.

I have been saying the serenity prayer over and over today and it's helping a bit.... I am sorry to be so nuts today-- I just am feeling at a dead end and not sure what to do. It's one thing to be in control of my own life and quite another to have others actively working to impact my life negatively....

Thanks for listening.