View Single Post
Old 06-08-2011, 05:45 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
wanttobehealthy

Need some help getting grounded again

AH's brother sent me a series of lewd texts on Sunday. I stupidly contacted AH and told him (and fwd'd them to him) and told him I'd be blocking BIL's number and if it continued, would be seeking a restraining order.

AH put on a show of calling his brother and reaming him out and I got lulled for a second into thinking he was setting boundaries with his family about what is and is not acceptable.

Next thing I know BIL is sending me copies of emails that AH has sent him recently that were horrible, mean rants about me. BIL obviously sent them to hurt me, to make it clear (as if it wasn't already) that AH has never and will never disapprove of his family's abuse toward me. I shouldn't be surprised, I shouldn't be hurt etc... But I am.

Today I got an email from AH telling me that it is clear I have concocted an elaborate lie and "faked" the texts (that he SAW!!!!) from his brother and they will be getting to the bottom of this.

I am honestly scared of the lengths they will go to to make me look bad. The concocting of stories, faking emails/texts etc... are all things I have NO doubt AH and his family will find ways to do to paint me as the crazy, evil, harassing one.

I am most upset with myself for ever sharing the texts with AH. I went to the hardware store looking for bread I guess and now things are 10 x worse than they were before I shared the texts with him.

I'm really, really concerned about how far they will take this. AH and his family are frighteningly manipulative and crazy and I'm genuinely scared and really need to let go and accept that whatever happens happens, but I am having a really hard time doing that this morning.