View Single Post
Old 06-06-2011, 05:43 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Seren
Forum Leader

Hi Passionfruit!

I remember when I first read your story. It seemed as though you knew exactly the full extent of your situation but had chosen to remain. It seemed like an alarming decision to make, IMHO, but it was yours to make.

So are you mad now because you kept going back and getting a knife stuck through your foot and didn't do anything about it until recently?

Are you mad that other people had the same attitude with you that you now have with others now (i.e. "Why don't you stop talking about it and get the h.e.double toothpicks out?").

I'm not sure we can help you stop the world from complaining about these sorts of things. Each person has a right to make decisions about their own lives without our input unless we are asked for it.

And....it does sound as if you feel you have achieved some superior level of behavior by remaining in an abusive relationship of your own free will and not complaining about it. I think many women stay in abusive relationships, don't complain about it, and even defend their abuser. Many of these women cannot admit to themselves that they are being abused or see no way out. Many of these women die as a result.

Is it better that you KNEW you were being abused, KNEW what you needed to do to escape, and yet chose to remain for your own personal reasons?

I'm very, very glad to hear that you are moving forward with your life. I wish you every success, peace, and joy! I hope that this anger is something that you will be able to release for your own sake.

Hugs and prayers, HG