View Single Post
Old 06-06-2011, 05:00 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
passionfruit

Originally Posted by MeredithD1 View Post
I'm glad you've got it all tied up, over and done with, and did your best at all times, did what you knew was right for you, Passionfruit! You sound proud that you didn't talk with anyone, and so that is obviously the right path for you.

Others have a different path. Their path may be a violation of your personal values; it sounds to me, like they are. I'm not who I am to live in accordance with your personal values. I am who I am to live in accordance with my own.

We snowflakes are each created to be different.

I wish you well, too!

I don't, by any means, have it all tied up. I am a logical person.

I struggled many days to not cave into him. As a matter of fact, today, the decision was made to go ahead with a divorce.

Sheer panic set in for a bit. I'll go into detail in a new thread, me thinks.

My point is I made a decision and found tools to help me get through the hard spots.

Believe me, there were hard spots. Today, even. It would have been SO EASY for me to simply go back.

If I were ever to go back, I would own my choice and live with it.

I don't think I am proud I didn't talk. I think I owned my choice.

I guess in my mind, it is akin to stabbing myself in the foot intentionally and calling my kinfolk: ''I stabbed myself in the foot. It hurts.'' Then next week stabbing myself in hand. Again calling the kinfolks: "I stabbed myself in the hand. It hurts."

It stands to reason, at some point somebody's gonna tell me to stop stabbing myself silly.
Honestly, some values are just common sense, personal or not.
anyhoo................