View Single Post
Old 06-06-2011, 12:01 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
saphira

Thanks for the advice. I guess the hardest part is that while I do still feel guilty for what I have done, I have forgiven myself for the most part. I know that's not who I really am. I guess it's just hard to see my husband's pain and know that there's not much I can do about it except stay sober. You guys are right about him opening up--it is definitely a good thing and something that is uncomfortable for him to do. It means a lot to me and maybe this is a sign that he views me as a stronger person as well? I guess maybe I just need to give him some space.
Mark75, I think you're right that I can only worry about getting through my own crap and he'll have to get through his.
SSIL75, I know that sometimes hidden issues tend to come out while drinking and I'm sure that I did some of that. But I can say in all honesty that a lot of the stuff I said I absolutely did not mean at any level. It was just mainly anger at myself I think.

Thank you all for the advice! Marriage is tricky enough as it is without dealing with the added issue of alcoholism. It's nice to hear other perspectives on it.