View Single Post
Old 06-05-2011, 05:23 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
forgotten1

maybe he's in an alcoholic phase where he is beyond feeling remorse... maybe he's actually blacking out when he says those things to you... or maybe he feels so bad he wants to pretend it never happened so he can pretend he's not that type of guy???? who knows?!

mine never apologized either... maybe in the beginning (like, year one of 2.5 years). we'd have some night where he's badgering me--calling me names, saying horrible things i am/do and that the reason he says them to me was because i was being "crazy or a bitch or not being nice to him" etc etc. then, we'd wake up the next day--him sobered up and me just exhausted... and i got to the point where i, TOO, wouldnt want to bring up what just happened the night before coz i just wanted to keep going forward and hope it wouldn't happen again. (since i had learned that to bring it up the next day would just cause another fight and name-calling session)

trying to give them no space in our head while they are still in our lives is going to be impossible. it's that whole trying to ignore an elephant in the room scenario.