View Single Post
Old 06-04-2011, 06:16 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
kittykitty

Originally Posted by bruingirl View Post
I miss just being in his arms and having another being to say goodnight to at the end of my nights....
I guess I just need somebody's hand to hold right now
I am absolutely serious when I say this.... Get a dog.

GO to your local shelter, and rescue a dog. Or cat, whatever floats your boat. Alot of us have pets, and they are our rocks for us, who we cuddle and cry with, these little fury things that make us feel needed and wanted when no one else does. They offer love, support, companionship, commitment, the whole gammit.

You will be so wrapped up in your new friend, and your new friend will be so wrapped up in you, that this whole process will be much easier. I couldn't have done it without my Missy Girl, I know that for sure. Missy was abandoned outside an animal shelter very pregnant. All her puppies got adopted, but no one wanted her. I rescued her in Nov of 09, around the same time I started Alanon.

The excitement of getting a new dog is life changing at first, I would race home from work because I can't wait to see her, can't wait to teach her new tricks, and just love seeing how enamored she is with me, because she knows that I saved her life. She thinks I hung the moon, still does. I've been gone for three days, and she still sits up in the computer room at my dad's house looking out the front window all day, waiting for my car to pull up. Silly girl.

And i shouldn't say it is life changing at first, because I actually still feel that way about Missy. I still can't wait to get home and see her, and every time she sees me, she acts like she hasn't seen me in years.

The broken roads that shelter dogs have been walking down lead them to us, and they are so grateful. Every look into your eyes, he will remind you just how special you are, and I think that's what you need right now.

I truly feel that if Missy could talk, she would...

"every long lost dream led me to where you are
others who broke my heart, they were like northern stars
pointing me on my way, into your loving arms
God bless the broken road that led me straight to you"