View Single Post
Old 06-03-2011, 09:02 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
kittykitty

Welcome leaping, and keep reading!

I can tell you from immediate experience that the what-if's are in no way a good base for making decisions. Basing present circumstances on what may or may not happen in the future is pretty risky, and it will drive one crazy.

Everyone recognizes the benefits of a healthy home. But let's face it, you cannot have a healthy home with someone that is a few weeks out of his second stint in rehab. He doesn't magically come out all better.

Nothing says you can't get back together later, if he does finally decide to get better. Nothing says you have to still be married to him for him to get better... if his desire to recover is real then it won't matter if you are there or not. I ask for the sake of the children that you give him some space, focus on yourself and your/the kids recovery from living with this. Focus on raising them in a somewhat stable environment away from an A, at least until he has proven his recovery is legit-and from what i understand, that takes years.

I was raised by an A, and it ****ed me up something fierce. The kids don't have a choice, but you do, and their well being is in your hands. Follow your gut. Know that whatever you decide, we are here for you!