View Single Post
Old 06-03-2011, 02:21 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Tuffgirl

I made a choice a few months back to not transfer this balance until after I had gotten the mortgage. It would have dinged my credit score during the qualification process. I knowingly decided to wait until next year and just simply continue to make the payments. It is my debt that was transferred onto a much lower rate card.

But what bothers me - more than this stupid reminder - is that I paid off his personal credit card with the higher APR and he won't contribute one cent to this remaining card. The real issue? It's the complete and total stinginess of the whole financial arrangement. It's getting thrown at me a book titled "Financial Infidelity". Yeah - he threw it at me in a drunken tirade.

This is about control. The continual power struggle dance. I am so sick of it. So very sick of the same damn thing over and over again. And the outcome never changes.

It would have been so easy and peaceful and mature to simply say "I am sorry, Tuffgirl, that I came across as offensive. It was not my intention. I am just worried about finances". There - done - no harm no foul. Why is that so freakin hard for them to do? Own your own sh1t, man! Own it!

I should clarify...I can't transfer the balance to my own name because I just took out a mortgage. This is one issue I have to deal with for a while...the bank said to request this at least 6 months after the mortgage...probably closer to 12 months before I can qualify. A house was more important to me than this stupid credit card.

I did download a call/text block app on my phone. If he ever contacts me again about this account, I will block him from ever contacting me again.

Last edited by Tuffgirl; 06-03-2011 at 02:33 PM. Reason: clarification