View Single Post
Old 06-02-2011, 08:13 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
TakingCharge999
A jug fills drop by drop

I'll ramble a bit...

I had a session with a healer and she said similar things DarkLight. That rationally, we can understand the why's.

But the emotional pain is the same and no amount of mental energy will change it or remove it. In fact it can lead to mental stress and obsession. And frustration. That has been so true for me...

She also said therapy, reiki, and other healing systems come from the outside to the inside. Where yoga, meditation, Bach flowers work in an emotional level and the healing comes from our own heart, from ourselves. Its not that the pain will be removed; its just that we are no longer identifying too much with it and forgetting we are more than our "body of pain".

To me that list is a starting point... this is only theory.... and no its not enough to know why its good for it to happen magically... BUT it helps to know what forgiveness really is. If its for ME and if still makes events NOT OK, then I can do it and feel less resistance.

For me its not so much making an effort to forgive someone, its more about focusing more in worthwhile things... or things under my control.... for knowing I am more than those events or those people, that what others have done don't define me.

The main message to me in this article I found is that forgiveness is in my hands and its about my peace. And realizing I am more than my pain and sad experiences... finding more balance in my life and the way I see it... so I can also see the great moments, the love, the joy, the happiness, the miracles... all those things I ignore when I am stuck thinking about what others did to me.

When I met an Auschwitz survivor in University it struck me how the man had gone through hell and his eyes were peaceful. He said he had forgiven the perpetrators. I will never forget how transparent he was. He could have remained a bitter victim. But he didn't. He chose to live his life in a different way. He still cried describing the horrors he witnessed. But he was no longer enslaved by them.