Old 06-01-2011, 03:24 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  
wanttobehealthy

Originally Posted by theuncertainty View Post
The absolute worst was the year I believed XAH when he said he'd take DS shopping and then seeing DS's confused and hurt blue eyes when his cousins handed me little handmade gifts and cards and DS didn't have anything to give. (And this was when we were under the same roof.)

You don't need to carry any embarrassment over the re-capped empties. That's all on AH. He's the a--hat who pulled the delusional and juvenile stunt.
D5 said something this morning that made me realize what it is she might've been upset about yesterday... She said "why didn't you let me help you open your presents?" I said that I didn't have any to open but if I had of course I'd have let her. And she looked sad and said "I didn't know how to get you a present"... I almost cried. I told her my cards and pictures from her were the best present ever (and they were). THEN (it's been a rough morning already) she said "will I have presents to open on my bday?" so I assured her yes and said that when grown ups get older they don't get presents the same way kids do.

It didn't even occur to me yesterday that D5 would be confused/sad about the non-presents on a bday. It didn't phase me at all but now that I think about it, I know how excited the girls have been in the past to give me things that AH would have them pick for me and I imagine they were confused... I feel bad for them for having such an a$$ as a father....