Old 05-31-2011, 04:06 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  
wanttobehealthy

I had a wonderful rest of my day. I realized that I have so many great friends and family members (well, okay, friends mostly... my FOO is a bit wacky) and here's a synopsis of my day.

Early afternoon flowers were delivered to me at work. Freaked a bit thinking AH sent them like he did on our anniversary as a ploy to wear me down (didn't work then and just was a waste of $). My boss brought them in and was like "do you think these are from AH?". I was ready to toss them but opened the card and they were from a girlfriend that I met through a support group who has become a really good friend.

Then at the end of my work day my boss called me to her office and had a few of my work friends there too and they had a cake for me and we hung out, ate really good cake and laughed.

My mom got my girls early and got a cake and came over for dinner and cake and 2 of my brothers came over unexpectedly and joined us.

I had a really, really nice day/evening... Very low key, unexpected nice things happened, feeling good.

One minor blip. I offered my brothers a beer and it turned out that the bottles that have been sitting next to the fridge, untouched ( I thought ) that AH said he didn't want to toss and I wasn't about to toss them now that he's not living here-- well, all the bottles were empty but had been recapped. It was really awkward and my brothers made a joke of it and no one knew what to say and it was unsettling bc I didn't really know what to say. It's like there was a huge elephant in the room and no one wanted to touch it.

AH called repeatedly and I unplugged the phone after the 3rd call and we all had a nice evening... So, for a day that started out horribly, it has ended really nicely.

Thanks for all the kind and warm bday wishes.

Florence- I nearly peed my pants laughing at the Tom Selleck cake!!!! LOVE it.