View Single Post
Old 05-31-2011, 03:40 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Fandy

my little girl is now 30 years old....I have been there, seen worse (on my brand new couch no less)!!! I chased that "boy" across the lawns and I think i threw a shovel at him and called my attorney for advice on how to press formal charges....I told him he was NOT welcome in my home, I called his mother and told HER that i did not approve of what they were doing.

she's not an adult,except for voting and consentual sex and emotionally she is making some very bad decisions that can affect her education, scholarship and real adult circumstances....

it's YOUR house, your internet (and I am guessing you purchased the phone and computer)? I really think you need to take a stronger stance on drunken, lewd pictures she is posting on facebook....instead of "cringing", tell her in plain english, the consequences.

asking the siblings to rat her out doesn't seem like much help(i never told on mybrother)....i'm very sorry for your traumatic shock, but you may have a lot more if you don't realize that this may be just the tip of the iceberg.

again, i'm not trying to come across as a hard-nose, but your child is not thinking clearly...and she is following a pattern that will escalate.

you've been watching her actions for the last 2.5 months, do you REALLY believe that she stopped drinking for a month and a half??? maybe she cut down, but watch her actions,search her purse and her room...i know this villifies you, but she had given you cause.

she comes home drunk and 1/2 dressed and you let her sleep late???? while YOU lost an entire night's sleep???? (i just hope i am reading wrong when you typed...she's awake now,if i'm mistaken, slap me)

How did she get home last night? did she drive? did another drunken teenager drive her home? Did you cover for her friend or discuss the incident with the girl's parents? Did you call the parents of the home she was at and tell them the state she arrived home and why was there alcohol being served? Did you report the incident to the local police?

I realize that the above actions are very upsetting, but if you want it to stop, you have to get involved....it's more than a case of "picking your battles" with a moody teenager. If she does *think*I she is an adult, she has to realize her actions are going to have consequences, both unpleasant and law enforcement.

i hope she will just grow out of it, but i think it is more than that....