View Single Post
Old 08-14-2004, 11:07 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
NancyEllen

Yeah, it's time for me to break the alcoholism chain, at least for my own health. My mom stopped drinking in her 70's, she is 83 now. My daughter is drinking a lot at night. Her father drinks heavily. My brother starts drinking in the morning and continues the entire day and evening. Everyone in town has been talking about him because he owns his own business which services customers and he isn't servicing the customers. I am pretty sure he goes through at least a half gallon of vodka a day if not more. So I know my tendendacies and I made a commitment to myself to push away from the alcohol and start feeling. 14 days isn't that long but I will continue to try to stay sober as each day comes along. BTW, I pushed away from my mother during the last couple of months because she has insisted that I try and save my brother. I am not super human and can't possibly save him (believe me, I have tried). He was in the hospital a lot last year diagnosed with cirrhosis of the liver. Doctors told him if he continues to drink he has very limited time on this earth. He continues to drink. Sorry, went off on a tangent. Thanks for listening.

Nancy