Thread: Two things...
View Single Post
Old 08-26-2002, 05:05 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Sorry - no whacks from me. Not even a bunny slipper kick.

I see myself in several things you posted. First, it has been extremely hot and humid this summer...my guess is that Chicago has been the same. I also have not spent as much time in my yard as I usually do in the summer, and that bugs me too. But is is just too hot. Likewise for biking and walking like I used to enjoy.

Second, my housework leaves a little to be desired. There is just me here right now, and I keep up appearances, so to speak, but I have some serious closet cleaning, drawer disposal, and dust busting to do.

My excuse...don't really have one, but I know that since the first of the year my husband and I both sold our businesses, he went out west to work, my son moved in and created chaos and left, and I changed jobs twice. And last year I worked 12 hours a day at both businesses and struggled financially and was deep in my codependency. My guess is that my mind and body needed a rest and some time to heal.

And you have been through 1000 times worse than I have, with the tragic death of your daughter in law, your son's addiction and caring for your grandson. My guess is that your body and mind just need some healing time to.

When we are ready, the answer will come. Personally I am looking into something fun this fall. Not a college course or anything career related. Maybe tuba lessons or tap dancing, or anything that is just plain fun.

Big deal - our chores didn't get done. But our recovery did. YEAH US!!!!

Now....CONGRATULATIONS on your wedding anniversary to Ward the Wonderful!!. The gifts sound great and the love behind each choice is something out of a movie, but even better because it is real life. give that man a great big hug from me ****{WARD}}}.

You are a terrific lady JT, and you deserve to be pampered, and also to pamper yourself.