View Single Post
Old 05-29-2011, 06:57 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
CheekyAngel

I have decided that i will make one last attempt to talk to her. I will have to catch her sober tho. Her drunk, it will just get thrown back in my face. So after my last attempt, this is it, she can kill herself if thats what she pleases to do.

How hard it maybe, i will have to do it. There is no point in me wasting my time and energy into something that is nothing. I may have guilt if something comes from it but ill just have to live with that. Easier to say that now, much harder to feel it when/if something happens. I hate her, but i love her, but she loves to drink more then look after herself...so it is what it is...

She is my mother, i am not hers. I learnt that a long time ago but only put it into practise i while ago and now its so much harder but suppose ill just have to be strong and stick with it. What im gona do with the phone calls, havnt decided yet but im not wasting my time on something that may never change.

Originally Posted by KittyP View Post
Why won't she go to the hospital? Would she see a GP instead? A GP can do many of the initial tests and send them to the local lab for analysis. Do you share a GP? If so you could discuss your concerns with him/her and they could advise you if your locality has any outreach services which could attempt to help her.
She wont go coz shes been stubbern. She goes to her GP sometimes but all he does is give her more tablets. I thinks she addicted to perscription pills and thats why she only visits him. I know bloody well she lies her way thru the doctors appointment to get her tablets. And no we dont share a GP. She doesnt live with us anymore (thank god!).

Ive decided, if she wants help, she can go get it herself (as difficult as that is to say) or tell me when she's ready to get help. Only then will i help her.