Thread: Two things...
View Single Post
Old 08-26-2002, 04:12 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
JT
Supply Manager

Two things...

Now good news or bad news first???

Okay I will start with good! Ward and I celebrated a wedding anniversary this week...now we are not all that sentimental about these sorts of things. we have had bad years and we have had good. I had made no plans to buy anything but at the last minute on my way home from work I bought him a microwave for his basement "clubhouse"...he has been wanting one for popcorn but he doesn't buy alot for himself and I knew he would like it. And it has been a rough summer for both of us and he has been very good to me.

When I got home with my prize there was a huge package with a card on it....obviously some sort of artwork. We were laughing later that I kept walking by it giving it furtive glances. HIM buy artwork??? Well it was a picture of a beach that I had been coveting for several years....and he remembered it! And he knew exactly where I would put it....over my tub! It is huge!

The amazing thing about this is that neither one of us expected anything...we just knew that the other one had had a really tough summer.

And about 10 years ago I was going to leave this man! And he was ready to leave me! What was I thinking?

So much for the good.

Somebody has got to take the skillet and whack me!!!! All summer I have been laying around watching TV. That is not me...I normally get outside and take care of my yard and I take care of my house. It seems as tho since the GS's mother died in May I am not myself and I am fed up with it! I went on an anti-depressant (when that is not me either) for just this reason and I do feel better...not crying...but what the heck! I walked...I rode my bike...I was always outside...I would come home and vacume everyday (dog hair...not obsession) and water my plants and pull some weeds and dinner and laundry and on and on. Now I take a nap! I am up to my ankles in dog hair and my garden is shameful! Not normal behavior for me! I want normal again!! I am doing what I can and letting the rest go regarding the GS...really! Ward is doing more than me at home and not givning me a hard time, bless his pickled heart.

How do I shake it off??? I have tried everythng that I know...so what now? Take off the helmit and a giant BONG to the head???

Thanks in advance guys! I love you!

JT