View Single Post
Old 05-28-2011, 12:50 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Sylvie66

(((BobbyJ))) - I have been in DV situations. If you have any money at all, change your locks. Go around your home and look for ways to increase security. The #1 time that abusers hurt or kill is after they have been left. Be prepared. You may ask the local police for a driveby check for a few weeks.

Your daughter needs more help than you can give her. Call the DV line and hand her the phone, then take the baby for a walk with some formula.

She isn't alone in her awful situation. Other people have gone back, other people have lied, other people have turned into people they don't like.

Your relationship, imho, needs a reset. You haven't been in touch with her for a long time, and there is a lot of crisis intervention that needs to happen. And a baby. And lots more. So, start over, as if she were a stranger. Do one day at a time, one moment at a time.

As for your daughter, for god's sake, don't google DV. Contact the national hotline, she can get more local information from them or the hospital. Domestic violence needs face to face courage, if she's ever going to overcome it.

AAM: the cops took away my xbf and his gun, but gave it back to him 48 hours later. Because he had a permit, and the cops believed his story over mine, and never told me how or why to press charges.

If your daughter wants to press charges for last night, she can. She can do it from your house.

Keep breathing in and out.

- Sylvie