View Single Post
Old 05-27-2011, 08:26 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Lola1024

Nicam,

I can relate to how you are feeling. I was in a similar place - no real ties to keep me in the relationship other than just staying stuck for SO LONG. For me it was a process that took many months then I finally just snapped and it was over - this after several false starts. Keep working on yourself you will get stronger bit by bit day by day.

Find the roots of why you are in and getting out will be easier. I was getting something out of being it the relationship - toxic or not there were benefits. The danger that came with it was somehow appealing too. Took all the attention off the work I needed to do on me. The work I needed to do, and still do is far more difficult than analyzing someone else. The benefits are greater though - I really can fix me but I never was successful at fixing anyone else. Not a chance it would have ever worked.

Your accident sent chills through me when I read your post. It is a huge warning flag I hope you can take advantage of. You can get away from this life of chaos it just takes time, commitment and patience. If I can do it you can too! Keep at the therapy, groups, books anything to bolster your confidence to keep away. You deserve better.