View Single Post
Old 05-27-2011, 03:00 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
CXR

As said, you can't help an alcoholic who is sick but won't help themselves. You will not understand that or like that, but it's true. And you will appreciate and embrace that when you learn it -- by going to meetings. Please go.

If you know this deep down inside as you said you do -- focus on that. Read and learn about the 3 C's. You will begin to get past the confusion and anger and you will get to acceptance. It is very empowering when you get there. I feel for you, so very much, because I was exactly where you are. Many of us were. I stayed there for a long time. Far too long. And then I became unhealthy. I became sick. Please don't do this to yourself.

I wish you all the best and peace of mind.

Go to meetings. Good luck.

Originally Posted by CheekyAngel View Post
Okay, last post i made i forgot i was aking medical question so im not putting anything like that into this. But how can you help an alcoholic who is sick but wont help themselves? I know she is sick and i was with her yesterday and it kills me to watch her go thru this. She is so stubbern and its truely fustrating coz i want her to get help, but it seems she doesnt want to help herself.
She said to me the other day, i know deep down there i something seriously medically wrong - well then if you know this they why the f wont you get yourself seen to. Is there really nothing else i can do for her? Is this it? I have said my peice and pleaded with her...but i cant watch her health get worse anymore. She is killing herself and i am watching this happen. I feel that i should be doing more but dunno what other options i have. I know deep down there isnt much i can do, but its not nice to watch someone you love detereate.
I know what might happen in the end but im the only one she has ever really listened to in the past (a little listening she took in) and i feel its my responcibility to do something. But is there really nothing i can do? I know the answer already, its just hard.