Thread: So it`s Friday
View Single Post
Old 05-27-2011, 09:15 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Luckyv2
JUST DO IT!!

Originally Posted by Roselian View Post
This is the real test for me. I normally drink on weekends. I am quite good and productive during the week but then on weekends I go kind of crazy.

This will be my first weekend sober for quite som time. Everything triggers me. Driving home from the gym after a good work out and listening to nice music. Wanting to reward my self for being "good" . Feeling like maybe I does not want to quit completely after all. But I do need and want to quit. Getting drunk this weekend will end in disaster as it usually does. It might go ok ,but I need to unlearn this bad habit I have of wanting to drink every weekend.
I used to be a weekend warrior myself. I still have times that they can make me crazy with insane thoughts. I try my best to catch those thoughts right away today and not to feed them. Once I get the thought that a drink would be better than staying sober I make a call, or post.

Today I am not having that good of a day mentally, so I am keeping my guard up high today. Hopefully I can get this worked out. For me if I use today I will die, there is no doubt in my mind about that anymore.

Glad that you posted!