View Single Post
Old 05-27-2011, 08:34 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
forgotten1

tuffgirl, in my experience... im always all for letting our minds lead us through emotion or non-emotion. if you think of your brain as a muscle, it makes sense that right now it's in a state of numbness. it has gone through an ironman marathon and needs to "veg" out.

i remember going through this for a couple of weeks... i think after OUR brains get out of survival mode of living with an active A in our lives... when it learns that it can "relax" w/o tension--it grabs that opportunity. right now, your brain probably needs to stop spinning--so, take this opportunity to enjoy the non-emotional rollercoaster--do the normal life maintenance of getting your life back in order. it may be alarming to be going about your day numb, especially after living with constant worry/tension/high state of awareness (i.e. walking on eggshells); so let your brain take the vacation it chose to take. it'll come back "on" whenever your brain is ready to start processing your emotions again.

imho, i think this is a GOOD thing--your brain is compartmentalizing so that you can get your strength back to tackle the task at hand.

it won't be permanent. so no worries