View Single Post
Old 05-27-2011, 08:04 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Shellcrusher

Good morning, Tuffgirl.
I've heard from several people here that it's okay to not file a divorce if it's uncomfortable. I also learned that it's okay to not have to do anything right now.
Maybe you don't need to do anything right now and maybe that includes being happy and maybe that's okay too.

Anvil's post really blasted me with some insight into how recovery works for an addict at the chemical level. I like data like that. It takes the mystery away and puts a little more scientific knowledge into why they do what they do when they're recovering or slipping up.

What's my point? Maybe my point is more questions.

If we can agree or at least understand there are chemical imbalances in the brain due to alcohol use and the changes once a person seeks sobriety, can we also agree or speculate that we, the codies, the friends and families also have a chemical imbalance while we're recovering?
If this rings a bell with anyone, is it possible that you're currently at a phase where the feel good stuff is missing? Is it possible that tomorrow you'll start to feel better? Maybe the day after? Will you feel good for a while, paint your house and in 45 days feel down again? Can you look at that post, reflect your recent swings and actually plot yourself somewhere on a graph?