View Single Post
Old 05-26-2011, 12:35 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
JRM2011

Exclamation can't take it anymore...

I don't even know where to start...

My husband and I have been together about a year and half. Though we have known each other since high school, we reconnected about a year and a half ago. After we had been dating for a few months, he told me that he smoked crack. I was in shock. I never would have suspected anything because I have never been around/dated an addict before. I told him then that it was either his "dope" or me. He chose me. He was clean for about 9 months and then I noticed some suttle changes in his behavior, but didn't want to make any accusations. Well, in March of this year we got married and had a baby! The night after the baby was born (I was still in the hospital), he disappeared for 4-5 hours, wouldn't answer his phone or text messages and I was worried beyond belief. When he came back, I questioned him. He was very honest and told me he had been using again for the past several months "every once in a while." He promised he would stop. Well, almost three months later and he hasn't even considered stopping. In fact, he "disappears" almost daily now. The bank account is drained. I find myself spending more and more time alone just crying and wondering what I have done to make him go back to using drugs. I have given him the same ultimatum...the "dope" or me...only this time he tells me he chooses me, but keeps using. I don't think he can quit on his own. He actually tells me that he hates what he is doing but he doesn't know how to stop. I want to do what so many of you have had the courage to do...ask him to leave until he is clean. I don't know if this is the right thing to do, but I can't take these nights when he won't answer his phone and I am left alone and lonely and going crazy!!!