Old 05-26-2011, 11:16 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  
nicam

Originally Posted by ErinGoBraugh View Post
I listened to many lies. They came in all shapes and sizes; big lies, little white lies, saving-face lies, denial lies, on and on and on ... I got to the point that I figured my exAH was lying so much to himself, that anything I said to try to set the record straight would go in one ear and out the other. I just quit calling him out on all his b.s. because it was crazy-making for me and it served no constructive purpose.

I know that deep down inside, I was hoping he would have some sort of ah-ha moment and fess up and admit he was lying, but that never happened. That's when it began to dawn on me that I was as crazy, if not crazier, than the A. I was also getting upset over someone who didn't care enough to be honest with himself. Yes, I hated when he lied to me, but I think he believed his own lies.

Although we've been living apart for quite awhile, he still tries to pull b.s. on me occasionally. Now I have the luxury of not returning his occasional calls or emails. Putting a great deal of distance between us did me a world of good!
Yes, yes, yes! I too hoped for that "ah-ha moment" from him. Never happened, probably never will. All of the confrontation does go "in one ear and out the other". Useless.