Old 05-25-2011, 06:21 PM
  # 93 (permalink)  
StarCat
Today is a New Day

Alright, I think I mentioned somewhere that I was going to start growing roses on my balcony.
I now have my first bloom! This type of rose is called "Climbing Rainbow's End" and will have a bit of multi-color in the roses. You can see a touch of pink in the bud to the left. There's also the possibility that the roses themselves will be different pastel colors from each other - yellows, pinks, and oranges - all on the same plant.

My other three roses won't bloom until later this year (two are much younger, and the third one was pruned heavily before shipping).
In the meantime, though, this one is going to be blooming a lot, it's got quite a few buds waiting to open, and some new ones on the way, even.

I also promised to post some pictures of Peaches' kitty condo, once I finished it. Here's the one that I built. Not too fancy, but certainly sturdy, and she loves it.
It took about a month to build, give or take.

And there was a store model on sale for really cheap (comparatively speaking), so of course I had to get her that one too. She loves playing on it when I'm on the computer. This one took about 20 minutes to put together - it really feels like cheating!