Thread: Rock Bottom
View Single Post
Old 05-25-2011, 06:01 PM
  # 39 (permalink)  
StarCat
Today is a New Day

Bottom One:
It was December 22, I was coming back from my once-a-year-visit with my family (XABF objecting to seeing them any more often than that). He was driving home from work, verbally assaulting me over the phone about how I ruined his whole day because I didn't tell my father to **************** because he didn't ask how XABF was or buy him a card. I explained to XABF, once again, that I had no control over my parents' behaviors or feelings towards him or towards me, that they didn't accept me either. He continued his barrage, which resulted in an argument in his car in my parking lot, and culminated in him throwing furniture around my apartment and screaming in my face while I was trying to sleep.
I finally grabbed my keys and left to spend the night at work (didn't even bring my cell phone with me). Did some searching for "Alcoholic Rager" on the internet, and found SR.
The next day he called my work phone (on my cell phone) and yelled at me demanding to know why I wasn't answering my cell phone. (Um, hello? You have it...)

He went into rehab on Christmas Day.

Bottom Two:
After him trying to control me while he's in rehab, demanding I do things like iron his shirts, answer the phone ten times a day (I told him once per day, and I wouldn't answer after that), and anything I can think of to try to get some distance.
A week later I visit him, explain to him how I've been feeling this whole time, how I don't think I'm in love with him again and I want to start over, him always staying at his mother's house and me always staying at my apartment, starting out slow. He said he understood, then proposed to me, and when I told him no, don't even ask that, his explanation? "I understand... You want it to be special. Should I get you a ring?"
The next day he calls like nothing's wrong, says that now that I visited him I should answer the phone whenever he calls, because it's so hard for him in rehab without me...

I blocked his phone numbers after that, and paid extra to block restricted numbers (since the rehab phone was restricted), and I've been no contact ever since - excluding brief negotiations about the day the moving van I hired would drop things off at his mother's house, and of course the time he cornered me at my desk.

I have had enough bottoms.
I deserve better than that.