View Single Post
Old 05-25-2011, 12:52 PM
  # 56 (permalink)  
sable1

Sometimes I have felt very positive and confident in my sobriety and then I don't feel like spending too much time on here, because I feel like that would be "dwelling" on my problems rather than going out and dealing with life.

Sometimes I feel so confident that I even get a bit cocky about how easy sobriety is, maybe I even start to question if I was just imagining or exaggerating my alcohol problems. Then, BANG, it's there again, that incredibly strong desire to drink and the fear and anxiety. And then I remember that I actually need places like this, to see that others are dealing with the same thing, that I'm not alone in this situation.

I have found myself popping in and out of this place in the last years, and I can honestly say, sobriety would have ben a lot more difficult without the support I have found here. That being said, I don't always want to feel like I am a person with problems or like there is something "wrong" with me as opposed to "normal" people who don't have these issues. So then I just take a break until I feel like coming here again.

I have realized more and more that I will ALWAYS want to drink on some level, therefore I will always need to remind myself of the problems I once had.