View Single Post
Old 05-24-2011, 10:39 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
CXR

Originally Posted by RECF View Post
I have so many things to do that it's surprising how I'm NOT trying to rush around and do these things. I mean, I have A LOT to do and I'm sitting with this glazed look not quite knowing what to do next. I'm still in this state where I just want to anesthetize myself - go back to my old tricks of lazing around so I can ignore what's around me. Not gonna work.

So, I signed a lease on a new apartment yesterday. I haven't told my husband. I don't know how to tell my husband. I don't know when to tell my husband. And because I'm still on the lease (I know, there was no avoiding it) it behooves me to clean this place up as best I can with the hopes that he finds a roommate to help with the rent (what he claims he wants to do).

Am I a coward for not wanting to tell him that I'll be moving out in a week?

We'd talked about my taking another apartment (more like my telling him I'd spent all day looking at apts. Conversely, another time, him telling me I MUST get another apartment), but these "conversations" always ended up with a drunken binge and I'd rather not deal...

In the meantime, I have a ton of work on my hands that really could have been done weeks ago. Because my new apt. won't have internet to start off with and I need internet access to complete these tasks, I really have to get them done this week. And here I am, doing nothing. What's wrong with me?

There's packing, and I also have to call the super to get certain things fixed that my husband hasn't bothered with (again, better to do since I'm still technically responsible). I have to set up electricity, phone, internet, etc. Why am I so sedentary?

What's wrong with you? Absolutely nothing! You are just a bit overwhelmed. It's a very traumatic time. Just relax. Go to your meetings. Do the next thing in front of you. One thing at a time. Make a list. Do one thing at a time. Then cross it off the list. It will feel good. Relax.

You are focusing on yourself and you are DOING THAT RIGHT!!!