Old 05-22-2011, 06:28 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
LaPinturaBella

Originally Posted by CXR View Post
I've often said that even when sober, the reality, the world, that exists around the alcoholic, can be very sick, delusional, and so on. I have seen my wife -- when not drinking or drunk -- tell me about something that happened the night before which isn't even close to anything true. Very sick and very sad.

I used to say this was one of the 'ism's -- the rage, anger, hatred, lying, and so on. Sometimes, it's very odd behavior.

I have found that even when sober -- logic is not part of their world. It's very sad.
^^^^AMEN! As I posted in another thread, I am in awe of those that do seek out, work on and achieve real recovery. I can only imagine how difficult it must be, as recovery from being a codie is hard as heck. Those A's who just get sober without the real recovery, without the necessary spirituality must be just miserable. It makes me sad that a human being would have to live like that, but it also makes me glad that I don't have to be involved with it in any way at all. I can chose to walk away and live in reality and serenity.