Thread: Sigh
View Single Post
Old 05-22-2011, 12:46 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
putmeontheair

Sigh

Things had been going well for a few days. Having fun together, we even kissed (this hadn't happened in a while). He got a job interview, was actively looking for a sponsor. I was feeling better.

Friday we went to go pick up SD, and his hand was on my leg. I asked him to move it so I could stretch out. His took his hand away but got quiet. I asked why and he said that he thought I didn't want him touching me. I said to him "no, your hand was just on my leg and I wanted to stretch out and couldn't do it with it there."

Thought it was done with until he was still quiet after our friends left on Friday night. I asked him what was up ... his feelings were still hurt from the hand thing. I explained again that it had nothing to do with me wanting his hand there or not wanting it there. I just wanted to stretch out. He seemed to get it.

Fast forward to Saturday and he's snappy and barely talking to me. I finally just ignore it and go on with my day. I get home last night from a wedding shower and am going about my business. "Are you mad at me?" he asks. "No, just feel like I'm walking on eggshells with you so I'm doing my own thing." He walks away and barely talks to me for the rest of the night. I said a few things here and there, but it was pretty evident he didn't want to converse much.

This morning more of the same. I finally said "what is up?" and he quickly followed with "I wasn't going to tell you, but ..." I started to walk away and he said "after the hand thing, I was dissecting it all" and then he told me he was hurt from that, but then understood, but it led to how he had said "I love you" three times and I hadn't said it back all within a 24-hour period.

The only one I even know about is he texted me "I love you" on Friday, but I couldn't respond as I was in meetings all day. No clue on the other ones.

The fact that I'm even spending time *thinking* about this is infuriating to me. It's even more infuriating that everything was going relatively OK and then all of a sudden I just want to stretch out my effing legs and it turns the weekend upside-down in his eyes.

Was proud of myself though -- I did have a good weekend. Wedding shower was fun. Saw a movie today (haven't done that in forever). Now I'm still just thinking WTF though.

Thanks for letting my share my frustrations.

I hate the chaos.