View Single Post
Old 05-22-2011, 02:46 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  
chicory

Originally Posted by Babyblue View Post
Making difficult changes doesn't mean giving up hope. And for some of us, the thinking too far ahead sets us into a panic. I know it does for me. The fears take over and I have a whole story in my head of how it will play out.

Just that you are thinking about it and knowing that things the way they are cannot continue is a HUGE HUGE step in the right direction and you will know what to do when you are ready to do it.

Go easy on yourself. This is hard.
Babyblue,

Yes, I do that! I think of what and how , and then my brain starts a panic. I just think the worst, and do not have faith in any good that may come. I have always been one to overthink things, to analyze things. guess I am not qualified, as my school was the one run by alcoholics-lol!

I have absolutely accepted that I am sick and stuck in it. The three A's that Anvilhead mentioned- Awareness, Acceptance and Action- now I have to figure out action. And I believe that I will have to get to some meetings, or to the mental health center. I called them awhile back,got on their waiting list, and never heard back . that has been two months at least.
This is purely a toxic situation- I can see and hear it with every exchange we have. Everything I say comes from a place of fear, anger, or simply control. So, that aint gonna work!

This group is a blessing in my life.
hugs
chicory