Old 05-20-2011, 09:21 PM
  # 88 (permalink)  
laurie6781
Belgian Sheepdog Adictee

First let me say to Kindeyes this may trigger you, so you might want to pass my post up because of what happened to your dad.

Here goes. For years and years, ever since I was 18 I have wanted to get my Pilot's License. Of course that got delayed by my drinking years and then it got delayed by my recovery, lol

Well last year I started taking flying lessons. Last night I called my instructor as it looked like this mornings weather would be great for a lesson, before our crazy winds came in again and we made arrangements to meet.

I get out there, ready to go, and he says to me:

"Are you ready to do your solo and fly the 100 miles round trip out to Deming (actually about 110) and back?"

Gulp.

Well I guess so. He!! yes.

Now I cannot tell you all the emotions I went through in 30 seconds but getting down to the business of my preflight check off list of the plane and then getting in, I did get centered.

To make a long story short, I now have my 'temporary' Pilot's License VFR (Visual Flight Rules) and should get my actual license in the next 2 to 3 weeks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I will be 66 the first of July, roflmao

Now I start working on getting my IFR (Instrument Flight Rules) so that I can fly anytime, day or night, cloudy or clear, etc

But I did it!!!! Damn. I have a great instructor and he knows me well enough that it was best he gave me no warning, lmao

So ............................ on to my next goal my IFR.

Have a great weekend folks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Love and hugs,