Old 05-20-2011, 11:04 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
MeredithD1
Present

MAY 20 in The Little Blue Book ONE DAY at a TIME in AL-ANON:

MAY 20 in The Little Blue Book ONE DAY at a TIME in AL-ANON:

It is said in AA that the alcoholic who concentrates on the study and application of the Twelve Steps is bound to make good progress in the program.

This is just as true for us in Al-Anon. We, too, need to spend some time each day contemplating the marvelous light with which the Steps illuminate all our human problems. Neither alcoholic nor non-alcoholic limits his aspirations to sobriety alone; that is only the beginning. The Steps are a guide to total good living. As such, we would deprive ourselves of a precious boon in not realizing what they can do for us.

Today’s Reminder

When I read a Step, and think about it deeply, I find it opens the door to new insights. When I read that same Step again, it again reveals new spiritual ideas. They seem to dig into our consciousness and unearth for us the wonderful potential for good in all our relationships with life.

“If I had only half an hour of quiet time alone each day, I would devote it to studying the Twelve Steps so they would ultimately become an integral part of my thinking.”