View Single Post
Old 05-20-2011, 07:12 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
GettingBy

Originally Posted by Eight Ball View Post
He has never liked hearing me saying about separating our funds and gets very jumpy if I have ever mentioned it. Maybe he knows how bad he is with money and is worried he wont be able to afford his beer.
My AH just about jumped out of his skin when I told him we were going to separate out the money soon (as part of the divorce). He's never been involved in the money management... just "I want to buy X." and I make it happen. He is awful with money, and he knows it... he's gotten better about not spending so frivalously... but once the gatekeeper (ie. ME!) is gone?!?!

He's upset that his enabler, business manager, maid, cook, etc... is walking out the door. So freaked out and said, "But, but... I don't even know what bills we have, or how to pay them!??!!" I said, "Well, the good news is that I will continue to pay the bills for this household until it ceases to exist... and then you'll have your own household with it's own bills and you'll know everything. You'll have full control of your life and money, and the best part, you'll have independence and freedom from that nagging, controlling b*&ch you call your wife!" (Yeah, shouldn't have thrown that last part in, but I was mad.)

He said, "But that's not what I want!!" My response - "No, you want to drink and spend as you wish, have me manage everything, and then call me controlling when I take care of stuff."

Ugh, I so look forward to the day when I have MY house, MY money, MY bills... i too will be stretched a little thinner than I am right now... but it will be SOOOOOOOOOOO worth it.