View Single Post
Old 05-20-2011, 03:40 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
LifesALongSong

Letting a A have money is like giving your money to Bernie Madoff to invest. You ain't going to see it.

My AW had a secret bank accounts and multi credit cards. She used to have her statements sent to her parents house. She used to tell them we were haveing marital problems and she wanted to make sure she had money if we split. This stopped when they found out about her drinking. They relised then they were enableling her and stopped the mailing to there home.

Heres a trick also my AW did till I caught on. We have health insurance that pays what they think is the right amount for prescription medication. The max they pay is 80% and sometimes they will only pay 10% of the total cost. When we purchase the meds we have to pay upfront 100% for them to the pharmacy. Then we get reimbursed from the insurance company in a form of a check. So for years my AW would get these checks and cash them and get booze. This explains why she would always run to the mailbox after the post woman drove away and say I'll get the mail ! I did'nt know about this for a long time, these checks would range from $2 to $200 at a pop. I'm the only one in the family that does'nt get meds. My daughter has asthma and my son has anxiety(brought on by my wifes drinking) and my wife is on everything under the sun. So about every 3 days we are getting meds. It added up.