View Single Post
Old 05-19-2011, 06:52 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Alone22

WTBH,

Oh girl how I understand that urge to say what you want to say, but before you touch that hot stove again ask yourself what you think you will gain from it. Of course he is going to blame you. Sure as heck isn't going to blame himself. He is mad, mad, mad and if you give him any time or space to get to you he will. Personally I would love to hear him tell a judge that he drinks because you are a bitch and that he WAS going to call his sponsor until you called him to tell him you didn't like him drinking around the kids. Share your behavior with the courts, please I'm sure any judge has heard a ton on what it is like living with a A and how that can make anyone a bit crazy. That does not make you a bad parent, just silly perhaps for not getting away from him sooner. Any judge worth their salt will see right through any attempt he makes at trying to paint you out to be a bad parent.

Make yourself a promise... "I will not touch the hot stove anymore". If you forget and touch the stove, pull away quickly to lessen the pain. You know he drinks and if you need to set a boundary of him not drinking when he is watching the kids then that is what you need to say. I think you have an attorney so I think I would run this boundary past them to see how you could legally get it to work.

I have to add... he is a real a$$! He sounds like a teenager throwing around the F word so he feels important. Grown men in control of their lives do not talk like that.

Now do something that will make you feel better. Hot shower? Bubble bath? Hugging your kids? You made a mistake... time to move on past it.