View Single Post
Old 05-18-2011, 12:00 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
StarCat
Today is a New Day

Originally Posted by Thumper View Post
I also think it is OK to tell his family you no longer want contact with them. There is no point in it really. His treatment is his problem and I'm quite certain he can get excellent care without your input - to think otherwise is just dramatic on the part of his family. If they are telling him they talk to you - that is just feeding into him driving past or getting crazy thoughts etc.
His daughter did make it very clear, in her email, that not only was she not going to tell him that she spoke to me, she also believed it would be extremely unhealthy for his mental state. He words, actually, from the email:

Because he is suffering so intensely over the breakup, I cannot imagine it would be beneficial for him to know... It would give him a false sense of hope and that is the last thing he needs right now.

I have made it clear to the family that I am no longer speaking with them.
The only reason I left his sister's number unblocked is because she has been extremely understanding throughout the whole affair, over Christmas and afterward. Her husband is also an alcoholic, as well, so she understands - and I wanted to leave that line available to her in case she needed it for herself. If she calls again regarding XABF, of course, I will block her number as well.