View Single Post
Old 05-18-2011, 11:01 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
StarCat
Today is a New Day

Originally Posted by anvilhead View Post
i'd like to think maybe he was just picking up stuff at the dry cleaners, you know, totally UNrelated?
He lives in a "neighborhood" on the outskirts of the city.
I live in the middle of nowhere by comparison. The only things up my way are gas stations (there's closer ones to his house), Dunkin' Donuts (there's one one block for his house), some old mansions you can tour (weekends only), my apartment, a jail, and a juvenile correctional facility.
I'd like to think it was unrelated, but he literally has no reason whatsoever to take that road that makes any sense, aside from him going to my apartment.
Everything he needs that he likes to do is either within 2 blocks of his house, or a half hour drive away from my apartment (and uses different roads).

Originally Posted by anvilhead View Post
have you considered more drastic steps...such as looking for work elsewhere or moving away? if it came to that for you own safety and sanity??
I love my job, and I love my apartment.
I've looked into moving, but I'll confess, I hate the thought of allowing him and his obsession to ruin something that I love. Right now, aside from him, I love everything about my life, and that's for the first time I can remember.
I just renewed my lease for my apartment, so I've got a full year plus a little, and this year, I can finally enjoy the swimming pool. (I missed out last year, XABF hates swimming, and I had to be next to him 24/7, so I wasn't "allowed" to go either.)

I am very grateful that I was behind him, instead of in front of him.
Or, worse yet, he pulled into the lot while I was getting out of my car.

My complex doesn't really have security, no, although there are three different doors to get into my particular building, and XABF always tries the same one (which hardly anyone else uses, so the odds of someone else letting him in is slim to none). There's lots of different places to park, and he doesn't know my car, so I've been parking on the other side and taking the far stairwell up (if he ever got in, he'd use the elevator).
The parking lot is patrolled by the local police, though, and they're usually rather close by when they're not actually in the lot, so I do feel comfortable that if I had to call I wouldn't wait long.