View Single Post
Old 05-16-2011, 05:26 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
skippernlilg
Skipper

Well...

Originally Posted by MyBetterWorld View Post
Thank you all for reading and replying. The whole day just brought back so many feelings.....bad ones. I do want to talk to my daughter about things, she's 7 and loves him like crazy. The thing is, she never really talks about him, or about missing him until right after she sees him. I am not sure if she feels like she can't express that, or if it's almost an out of sight-out of mind thing for her.
One thing, and I know I am kind of switching gears here........but a while back when she came home from an afternoon with him, she started talking about how we should just get back together and why don't you (me) love daddy anymore...etc. It just seemed really....planted. He even said that it sounded to him like I should have a talk with her, that she was upset that he wasn't living with her anymore. Well, I am sure that she would prefer that, if he weren't so all over the map. But honestly, I think those were his words more than hers. I have always kept the lines of communication open with her, I ask her if there is anything she wants to talk about or if anything is bothering her. When she says yes, it usually involves 7 year old girl school drama.
So I guess what I am saying is.........I know she is very smart and knows something is wrong, but if it's really not bothering her, I don't want to make her feel like it SHOULD bother her?
He does enough things that you actually see. Probably best not to borrow trouble. Children your daughter's age naturally want their parents back together and will vocalize that to both parents quite often, no matter 'what' the other parent does. I've seen cases in my volunteer work with at-risk kids in split homes who beg their parents to be back together in some of the worse addictive homes.