View Single Post
Old 05-16-2011, 05:04 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Bikerchick

Originally Posted by MyBetterWorld View Post
Thank you for all of the encouraging words, though I must make a small confession. When my mom was outside with the girls and he was quacking away, he said to me-see, this is why I left you and you will be alone forever. My reply ( I couldn't help it, my filter was broken for a minute) "I would rather be alone that live a life of misery with you" or something to that affect. The only thing that made that okay was that the girls were out of earshot.

A girl can only take so much before the filter malfunctions.

To answer another.....can't remember who posted it....I really don't try to hide or cover up for him when it comes to the kids. I just don't ever want them to think I am bashing him. Even though there is plenty to bash.......
What a jerk! There truly many things much worse than being alone...like having your heart dragged through hell and back every day by someone who supposedly loves you! Great comeback and good for you for not bashing him in front of the kids. He will do that himself, over and over and over through the years to come and they will figure out very quickly what kind of person he is. Keep taking the high road with the kids. Personally, if it were me, he'd never, ever get to come over early and "hang out" like that and if he went to the "store", I'd just put the kids in the car and leave without him. You are a wonderful person and a stellar mom and you don't owe him anything.