Thread: How How How
View Single Post
Old 05-16-2011, 02:37 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
fighter1010

How How How

How do i get rid of my negative thinking? How do i let go of all the let downs in the past and move forward?

i was married to an A for 5 years, and finally got the strength to go over 9 months ago. i have realized how much better my life is, i've dated a little hear and there, and had my heart broken by some people that i never thought would do it.

Here's where i'm at now. I was finally living life by myself, perfectly content on being single, when the most wonderful man came along. He is supportive, thoughtful, caring, loving, you name it, it's him. He always calls when he says he will, he listens to me and we can talk about anything. Of course this always happens when you least expect it to, but i'm really enjoyiing it.

Here lies my problem. If he doesn't call me when he normally does for any very valid reason, my mind instantly thinks something is wrong. He doesn't like me anymore, he's mad, he's found someone else. You name it, i've thought it. But then he calls and i'm all better. This is my co-dependency shining through isn't it? i want to enjoy this new love, these butterflies, and everything else that goes with it, but will the co-dependant in my ever go away? should i make him aware that my brain does this?

Just looking for some hope that it does get better and someone to tell me to settle down and enjoy it because i would be dumb to sabotage this.

Thanks everyone, reading this forum everyday has gotten me through a lot of bad times.