View Single Post
Old 05-16-2011, 09:40 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
MyBetterWorld

Angry Mad, embarassed, sad for my kids

Yesterday was my 7 year olds first dance recital. Before I rant, let me just say that it was about the cutest thing I have ever seen. She was fantastic and I am so proud & lucky to be her mom.

So, of course, she invited her dad, my XAH up for the show. He hadn't seen the girls in a couple of weeks, so he arranged with me to come early and spend time with them at my house before we left for the show. He showed up on time in fairly good condition. He did smell like booze though. He was so adamant about spending time with them, and then 15 minutes in he decides he needs to run to the grocery store and get something to eat. I said okay, but we are leaving at 11:30, so please hurry. He was gone for an hour, and came back with A FROZEN PIZZA. By this time, we needed to leave in 15 minutes. He cooked his pizza and I prepared to leave with the girls. So he sits there, eating his pizza (condition deteriorating at this point) and says to me "okay, so I will see you there. Do you want me to lock up?"
ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME?!?!?!?! I tell him no, we are leaving and he needs to grab his pizza and eat in his car or whatever because I am leaving, locking the door and thats it. My mom showed up at this point and was helping my 2 daughters into my car. He proceeded to call me every name in the book and can't I give him a couple of minutes to eat?

Really? You were gone for an hour! You knew we were leaving. By this point he can't even be talked to so I hurry him out the door and leave with the girls. He followed me the 15 miles to the venue, completely riding my ass the whole way there. When we get there......ok stop. The day before I took her for her rehearsal, so she knew where to go, where to sit with her class, etc. I see him grab her hand and walk up to the ticket area, where he happens to talk to the instructor. He obviously didn't know it was her. He asks the same mindless questions, like where does she go, etc. She explained that she should go with her class and he could sit wherever and she would join him after her performance. And he says...ready? "Well I can sit wherever I want, I am her ****(NG dad." I saw the teachers face, just shocked. She didn't know what to say.

Finally, she gets to her area and he comes up and sits with me, my mom and grandma and our other daughter. He was being completely inappropriate the entire time and drawing attention to himself and the rest of us. Finally he says, "I forgot my phone/camera in the car. I am going to go get it." I say, well, just don't miss dd's performance, she would be broken-hearted." Of course, we don't see him and the recital is starting.

Afterward, at intermission, I went to find her with her class and he was there. Completely drunk at this point, making a big production of trying to hug me and being all dramatic. DD saved the day by saying, mom, can we go sit it our seats? I said of course honey, took her hand and walked away. We didn't see anything more of him.

It just makes me furious how he can turn a fun, important day for her into such......chaos? drama? not sure what the word is, but I just had a horrible feeling the entire time, other than when my darling was dancing.

Sorry. This may all sound trivial once I re-read it, but I needed to vent. It still has my blood boiling.

Thanks for listening.
M