Thread: Closure?
View Single Post
Old 05-16-2011, 09:04 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  
Mimic

Thank you everyone. As It stands, I started to withdraw from my AXBF, but last night he had it out with his best female friend and myself over text messaging. He said very hurtful things to both of us, in an attempt to get us to leave him alone (at least that's my thoughts) but We both extended our help if he wants it, but we will not be hovering over him because it hurts us both too much. I feel like his is rapidly approaching his bottom, evidenced by his friends backing away very suddenly in a short period of time. Even a mutual friend of ours, who is an admitted alcoholic, has told him he will not drink with him because he is afraid for him. My AXBF is severely depressed and has contemplated suicide, by his own admission, and tells me his mom and the lack of guts is the only reason he's still here.

I still have no idea whether I should inform his mom on what's going on. He tells me he is going to be moving back to his mother's house as soon as possible, which may be a good thing because it will get him away from his triggering surroundings, but i'm afraid the isolation will deepen his depression. I feel if his alcoholism is as deeply set as I suspect, she will find out how bad his drinking is in short order. (Though having someone to be accountable to might be something he needs) It's not up to me, though, to think this out for him. I've looked up my local Al Anon meetings and even found a Skype Al Anon (because much of the local meetings conflict with m work schedule) and I am ready to move forward, even if he won't. Thank you everyone, for your support.