View Single Post
Old 05-14-2011, 07:35 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
mum22cuties

Just tired of dealing with the same crap

So my ah and I have been living apart for 3 months. He seems to be doing ok in recovery and then he will have a slip up. I am getting really frustrated and I don't know how much longer I can continue this. I have already told him that he cannot come back home until he works on his issues and is actively working on his recovery.

It always seems that a slip up will happen after we have a few really good days. Case in point last night, he sent me a text that said "I can't do this anymore." and then when I tried to call him we would not answer. Well today he called and tried to twist it around and say that he said "I don't think I can do this anymore." and that he was just having a bad day yesterday and wasn't he allowed to have a bad day? I calmly told him that is not what he said and I still had the text to prove it.

I am just really discouraged because I feel like anytime we start to make real progress something happens that sends us 2 steps back. I am not sure if he was drinking yesterday or not, but I would have to guess yes. I guess this is more of a vent and I just feel really lost. I am tired of the uncertainty. I filed for divorce 3 months ago and about 2 months ago we decided that we would try to work on things.

I just feel like I am in rut. I was going to counseling but stopped because I felt that my counselor did not have enough knowledge on alcoholism. I really need to find one that specializes in chemical dependency. I stopped going to him when he recommended that I pay him to attend AA meetings as an incentive for him to attend. I just think that is wacky.