Thread: Seriously?!
View Single Post
Old 05-14-2011, 07:31 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Alone22

Before Alanon and therapy I would have really had my feelings hurt on Mother's Day. Now I see his choice didn't have much to do with me and more to do with just who he is and how ill he is. He was really mad at me last weekend because I told him I would drive on Friday night (because I could smell that he had been drinking) and he came unglued. Crazy me for not letting him drive our girls and me around. He stormed off and then showed up at the event (school event) and glared at me. The whole time he was there he stood 10 feet away from me. The next day (after I slept in another room) I told him I didn't want him to go with the kids and I to our Mother's Day fun. Interesting since then... I haven't smelled alcohol once and he has stated at least 3 times something about his AA meetings. Something tells me he didn't like being alone on Mother's Day. It was great making a good choice for me and not worrying about how it would affect him! I didn't have to walk around on egg shells once on Mother's Day and I LOVED it!

Thanks for the support!